Monday, April 2, 2007

Hi Everyone,
I'm back from the trip to Tuscany and promised to let many of you know what we saw and found.

I had my doubts because this was a very short trip with a long agenda of things to accomplish -- and still I wanted enough time with my family and my artist friends there whose work I love and admire. I had many goals, including going with June Carey to see her newly purchased home in the Chianti region of Tuscany. Some of the goals were realized and some were not. When you are there, you want time to stand still, but instead it speeds ahead like it were a train shooting through the countryside of Italy. You remind yourself every moment to soak it in and to hope you remember the details which make it what it is.

I am collecting my thoughts and will share some of the unique experiences we had in Tuscany. This is an experiment, so feel free to share your thoughts and comments. So many of you have asked me over the years to tell you what to see and to help you plan your trips to that area. I am hopeful that sharing some of these happenings with you will give you a private view -- a glimpse of what you may want to experience in the art, the people, the food and wine and, of course, the breathless views.
Giovanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until your next post, I'm so excited to hear about the artwork you saw in Italy.